Sunday, July 29, 2012

Something to think about. . .

Well, it's that time of year.  We are all headed back to school.  As usual I've been reading. . .

If you have email and belong to any organizations, you get notifications, newsletters, right?  Well, I have received an email that is really more than a notification, it is a newsletter.  I don't always read the entire newsletter, but really pick out the articles that interest me.  So, a "hot" topic mentioned in the title to one of the articles piqued my interest.  I am including a link:


http://neatoday.org/2012/05/16/bullying-of-teachers-pervasive-in-many-schools/?utm_source=neatodayexpress&utm_medium=email&utm_content=bully&utm_campaign=1207

While reading the article, I kept questioning myself, have I experienced this?  The answer is yes, at all levels.   I have witnessed examples of this between others and aimed at myself.  New teachers are much more "attractive" targets for the bully, because they don't have tenure and are afraid to speak up.  Teachers with experience and multiple degrees are becoming targets, due to the cost of employing teachers with experience.  In this situation, no one wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment