Thursday, May 3, 2012

What are you reading?

School is almost over for the year and summer vacation is just around the corner.  What are you planning to read this summer?  I still have one more novel to read before summer, then I will be buying something new to enjoy during those lazy afternoons.

The book that I have left on my list is a Jack Whyte's novel, Order in Chaos.  I am finishing up Phillip K. Dick's novel, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?   I am very eclectic in my reading selections.  I will endeavor to read any genre and any author. 

How do you choose you reading selections?  I choose by author, sometimes by genre, many times I choose simply because of the title, and sometimes by the illustrations on the cover of the book.  I don't know about other folks, but I love a good book store.  I love to browse and see what strikes my fancy.  That is why I really am not a fan of reading digital books and books on line.  I love the feel of a book in my hands.  There is so much more to reading than the ease of the digital format.  Now, I have read books on line and have enjoyed it, although, I have a tendency to read only authors I am familiar with for example Jules Verne, H. G. Wells, and others. 

Comment and let me know how you choose books or why.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment